Daiglen School will be celebrating its centenary in 2016.
The School is rich in history and tradition and our community is based on clear moral values of courtesy, respect and endeavour.
It is built around an elegant Victorian house with much of its stained glass and cornices intact. It is pleasantly situated on the borders of Epping Forest and is well served by public transport.
Miss Gellatly established Daiglen School in 1916. In 1929 Mr C Heap was Principal at the premises on the High Road, Buckhurst Hill. In 1950 the School was moved to the present building and Mrs L E Sharpe was Principal until her retirement in July 1969. Mrs M A Harris joined the school in 1969 and was Principal from 1969 to July 1977.
In 1977 the School was established as an Educational Trust School, under the authority of a Board of Governors and with Mrs M Phillips as headmistress. She remained in this post until her retirement in July 1989 when Mr D E Wood was appointed as her successor. In 2003 Mr Wood left to become Headteacher of Colchester High School. Mrs Mary Bradfield is the current Headteacher.
In September 2005 the School opened a Nursery class for three year olds and also began to admit girls for the first time since the war.